POLIO UPDATE THIS WEEK
No new cases of wild poliovirus are reported, however, advance notice is given of two cases occurring in Afghanistan.
· Advance notifications have been received of two new cases of wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1), one occurring in Kunar province, and one in Kandahar province.
· This will raise the total number of officially reported WPV1 cases in Afghanistan in 2018 to five.
· Three new WPV1 positive environmental samples were reported this week in Nangarhar province.
· No new cases of wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) were reported in the past week.
· The total number of officially reported WPV1 cases in Pakistan in 2017 remains eight. There are no cases reported in 2018.
· One new WPV1 positive environmental sample was reported this week, collected in Quetta district, Balochistan province, on 13 February.
· Two new cases of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) were reported this week in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
HORN OF AFRICA
· Circulation of vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) is confirmed in Somalia.
More info @ http://ift.tt/2tOuCgf
Automated post from Polio Survivors Rotarian Action Group (RAG) – http://ift.tt/2cY37pC
March 15, 2018 at 10:56AM